Catching Up

The summer seems to be flying by and many days I find myself thinking there needs to be more hours in my day for things like writing on my blog, but the Sauna calls me or the latest knitting project takes my quiet time.  
Last Friday, Emery got very sick, sick enough that we rushed him to the hospital, he was vomiting blood.   After a lot of tests and a nearly 4 day hospital stay, they found an ulcer that was bleeding.  Of course I stayed at his side the entire time,  content to be there for whatever need arose.  Love is like that.   He is on the mend and back to work today, for a few hours at least.  I hope this next week, is a quieter one, and that my schedule is less structured, more Bohemian in nature.  The summer heat has arrived in North Texas with a vengeance.  We have seen the hottest temps of the year, which makes me long for winter, for wool socks, the smell of wood smoke and the feel of cold air on my face as I do chores.  For now, I will have to settle for time in the sauna, followed by a dip in the pool that is a good cold experience by contrast.  

Comments

Popular Posts