La Belle Vie






Even amid the busy-ness of life right now, I made time to surround myself with things that remind me that I am indeed living "La Belle Vie".  It might take 1/2 hour or so to set the table on the porch for tea in such a way as to create a mood for soaking in just how beautiful my life is and how blessed I am to have the time to enjoy my surroundings, that half hour of preparations is so worth it.  Good books to leaf through, music softly sifting out the window from the house.  Butterflies dotting the sky with color.  The flowers in the gardens, scenting the air with their delicate perfume.   Earl Grey tea, shortbread cookies, bare feet, comfortable tee shirt and time all for myself.  
La Belle Vie !
“If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again.” 
― Daphne du MaurierRebecca

Comments

JacquiG said…
That is a beautifully set table. Makes me want to sit and sip tea! Your roses are absolutely gorgeous.

Popular Posts