Winter Greens




Last night the temperature dipped low in the 20's F. The house was a chilly 59 when we woke up this morning, making it difficult to climb out of a toasty warm bed. In no time, we had a fire blazing in the stove. How good it felt.
Doing chores just now reminded me that I need to have winter gloves in my coat pocket from now on. Cold fingers are not much fun. I gathered eggs, took time to look around and then headed to the garden to pick winter greens for supper. It is a blessing to be able to eat from the garden most of the winter.
Once again, its time to get the fire blazing as the evening draws close.

Comments

We were able to pick kale from the garden through November and a few frost-crisped leaves in early December. I'm wondering if that planting will revive as the days lengthen.

Popular Posts