Morning Ramble




It's a gorgeous morning, but I find myself sitting around feeling lazy due to a sore right knee. Not too fond of this aging process, seems it can take control of you. But on the flip side of it, being still for a day or so gives me time to do some hand work and to read. Emery did my chores for me this morning and worked in the garden before he headed out the door for work. I am blessed with a man that hasn't got a single tiny lazy bone in his body. He grew up on a farm that required the words, "don't feel like it" banished from everyones vocabulary.
I will no doubt take a stroll around the place checking on things and admiring the beauty of Gods creation. I so often think of the verse in the 1st book of Romans, verse 20 that says so much to me and reminds me on those days when I wonder if God is listening, that His love is ever present in so many ways....verse 20: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse." All of His nature can be understood from what has been made.....I believe that with all my heart.
Life has been very busy for me lately and I love that, but at the same time I need to have days on end when I never leave the place, where I can sit and wonder, sit and pray, sit and re-affirm the choices we have made and time to recommit to a life that is simple and not caught up in things and stuff. I need time to work with my hands and listen to the hymn of nature.
So, in reality, I am thankful for a knee that is rebelling and forcing me to have some down time where things are quiet enough to hear that small still voice and look at His marvelous creation and understand His nature a bit better.
Feeling very blessed today for all the good things in my life and all the love that surrounds me.

Comments

I'm rather impatient with the aches of growing older, but when they do over take me, time with a book, a mug of tea and the company of the cats is very welcome.
We've been more than busy with launching a big garden in our new location, with renovating to have things clean and fresh in the house.
There is a different pace here--maybe we see it more clearly because we are officially "retired"---people here work hard, take care of their property--but they make time to visit, to talk, to be "neighborly."
I hope a rest day has your knee feeling better.
Gardening takes a lot of kneeling--not good for the kness, but a wonderful time to contemplate and pray.

Popular Posts