Sunset


As the sun sets this Friday evening and we settle in for a quiet evening this is the view from my front yard. I am reminded of this quote that I learned as a child......"The Sabbath calls our thoughts to nature, and brings us into communion with the Creator. In the song of the bird, the sighing of the trees, and the music of the sea, we still may hear His voice who talked with Adam in Eden in the cool of the day. And as we behold His power in nature we find comfort, for the word that created all things is that which speaks life to the soul." EGW

Comments

~marci~ said…
Beautiful sunset! And wonderful quoted words.
sally said…
Patty, thanks for sharing the lovely words. Sunsets and sunrises are some of my favorite pictures. God can really paint!
R. Aastrup said…
Beautiful, Patty! Happy Sabbath!
What a beautiful sunset, Patty. And I am another, like so many people, who feel close to our Creator when I stop and look at the wonder of his creation. So much beauty everywhere!
Joanie said…
So beautiful! I am still in awe of God each time I see a sunset... All of Creation cries out about the One who created it all. Abundant blessings!
Anonymous said…
And He created this all for US to enjoy every single day. Beautiful photos.
Andylynne said…
What a beautiful sunset, a perfect he summons us to Sabbath rest. God in is wisdom framed the evening and morning with with beauty. The words of that wonderful little lady summed it up beautifuly.

Popular Posts