Retirement





How time flies when you are having fun and fun it has been !   Emery retired last September and we have been on a sort of honeymoon ever since.  Enjoying each and every second of spending our time together.  Hiking to see all the swollen rivers, working in the garden that can become overgrown in a matter of 24 hours.  I took a trip to Florida to see my dad, who is a young 94 in a few months.  Both my girls went with me.  We stayed with my sister and her husband as they live just a few doors down from my dad.  What fun we had. 
Last month I took some private swimming lessons to improve my freestyle swimming and since then, I have spent an hour every day in the pool swimming laps for an hour.  The pool is 25 yards long so I am getting a good work out.  At first I felt muscles I had long forgotten I had.   My blood pressure has gone back to the numbers of my youth, which was always on the low side.  I feel so energized.  Every once in a while I take a day off, just to catch up with things at home.  Life is better than good, its down right brilliant !

Comments

aimee said…
So happy for you Patty! Sounds like you are really happy spending time visiting family (pretty beach and flowers), being with the love of your life and getting healthier (congrats on getting your BP down!). God bless!
Blessings, Aimee
Janette said…
All is well in retirement! I agree!
Clara....in TN said…
Patty, I just looked at my blog list from years ago. Just about all of them haven't made a post in forever. I'm as guilty as anyone. I'm glad to see you are still blogging. I enjoyed blogging but it seems facebook got in the way. Kepp up the good work my friend!

Popular Posts