Fruits Of Our Labor

This week I have had two conversations that simply made me happy, the glad heart sort of happy.  Both our daughters were talking to me about their gardens and how much they love growing things.  Our phone calls have been about raised beds and what to plant when and how rewarding it is to go outside and pick a big ripe tomato, or get lettuce right out of the raised bed to put in your burger, in our case, it seems like they are veggie burgers !  Sometimes we wonder if all the work we did with our small children, made a difference and I can say today, that it has for us.  Now that the children are not home to help us weed the garden, we had to buy a cultivator to help with the work.  
Today, I spent quite a bit of time weeding the garlic and the whole time I was out there, I felt as it I was in the most beautiful cathedral.  I felt the presence of God, and I understood completely why God put the first man and woman in a garden.

Comments

Carole said…
I know what you mean, when I am in the garden, I feel connected to all the previous generations who had to get on by working the land to ensure their nourishment and survival. Man shouldn't be cut off from the land and nature - and should certainly not fiddle with genes and chemicals and jeopardize the future of humanity.
Marcie said…
Oh, you WERE in the most beautiful cathedral! I cannot wait for gardening weather to arrive in my chilly northern clime. So nice to be able to pop in here and see your garden already flourishing!
La Tea Dah said…
Such a beautiful garden. It is still too cold here to plant, but hopefully it will warm up soon. I am eager for my garden!
Unknown said…
Hello there, I just came across your blog today and wanted to say it was refreshing to read some of your posts, especially on your love for nature and gardening. That is truly wonderful and I hope to have my one some day! :)
Many blessings,
Erica

Popular Posts